The Pebblebrook Boys and Girls track teams wrapped-up their seasons this past weekend at the Georgia State Track & Field Championships. The boys were ranked in the top 10 of the competition.
- The girls’ 4×100 meter relay team of Elizabeth Weems, Jessica James, Selena Shipp and Cerenity Daise ran a season-best time of 48.38 which earned them a 10th place finish.
- The girls’ 4×400 meter relay team of Selena Shipp, Shyelle Davenport, Kamaria Bryant and Cerenity Daise ran 4:08.55 which was good for a 9th place finish. They missed qualifying for the finals by one place.
- Justin Swann, competed in the boys triple jump and earned a 3rd place finish. His 46-foot jump also broke his own school record.
- The boys’ 4×100 meter relay team of Justin Swann, Chris Rogers Jr, Badi Varner and Kibren Moore set a new school in the prelims with a time of 41.27. Unfortunately, an injury prevented them from finishing in the finals on Saturday.
- The boys’ 4×400 meter relay team of Christian Sutton, Justin Swann, Badi Varner and Kibren Moore finished 4th in the state with a time of 3:19.05.
- After a setback in the 100 meter dash, Kibren Moore won the state championship in the 200 meter dash with a time of 21.56. His state title is the first in recent track history for Pebblebrook High School.
Kibren Moore and Justin Swann have been selected to represent Pebblebrook High School at the Georgia Meet of Champions All-Star Meet on May 17th at Marietta High School.
Click HERE for the schedule of events for the All-Star Meet