On Saturday, the Pebblebrook boys and girls track teams competed in the McEachern Invitational along with 35 other teams.
• The girls 4×100 meter relay team of Elizabeth Weems, Jessica James, Selena Shipp, and Cerenity Daise started the day off with a 48.78 performance, good enough for 5th place.
• Kibren Moore’s 10.96, and Chris Rogers’s 11.07, in the 100-meter dash, allowed them to finish 3rd and 5th respectively.
• Kibren followed-up his 100-meter dash performance with a 21.7 in the 200-meter dash and a 1st place medal.
• Justin Swann earned a 4th place finish in the triple jump with a jump of 43 feet, 11.75 inches.
• Quincey Miller earned a 6th place finish in the shot put with a new personal best of 46 feet, 2.5 inches.
• The boys’ 4×100 meter relay team of Justin Swann, Chris Rogers, Badi Varner, and Kibren Moore posted a time of 41.76 seconds, which ranks them #4 in the state Class 7A rankings.
• The boys’ 4×400 meter relay team of Christian Sutton, Justin Swann, Badi Varner, and Kibren Moore broke the school record with a time of 3:21.20. This time was good enough for 1st place and places them #3 in the state Class 7A rankings.
The teams will be back in action again this week on Wednesday 4/17/19, at Newnan High School, as they begin their quest to advance to the Georgia State Track & Field Championship Meet.