Members of the Pebblebrook Boys and Girls Track teams participated in the 7A Sectional track meet on Saturday. The meet showcased some of the best talent from across 4 regions. After the dust settled, six PHS boys and girls qualified to advance to the State Championship meet taking place from Thursday, May 11th through Saturday, May 13th.
The following individuals will compete in Rome, GA based on their Saturday performances:
- Kibren Moore (So.) qualified in both the 100 and 200 meter dashes. He placed 2nd in the 100 meters with a time of 10.74 and finished 1st in the 200 meters with a personal best time of 21.57.
- Decovin Norwood (Jr.) qualified by finishing 2nd in the 300 meter hurdles with a time of 38.44.
- Christian Swann (Sr.) qualified by finishing 3rd in the triple jump with a school record jump of 45’.25”.
- The boys 4×400 meter relay team of Christian Swann, Nelson Gardner, Kibren Moore and Decovin Norwood qualified for the state meet with a new school record time of 3:22.37.
- Aalayla Farr (Jr.) qualified in the triple jump with a jump of 35’7.25”. What makes Aalayla’s qualification impressive is that she achieved the qualifying mark on her final attempt of the day.
- Danielle Albright (Sr.) qualified in the discus throw with a new school record throw of 105’10”.
Please wish these individuals luck as they prepare to compete for state championships!